Thursday 14 June 2007

Post NCO Camp.

I wouldn't say that the camp was completely fun and I enjoyed every single minute of it.

In fact, I'd say it was the worst camp I had ever attended.

But it was a training camp la...so I'd say that it fulfilled it's purpose.

And I just counted 5 blue-blacks/bruises on my legs and hands. I have no idea how I got them except for the hands, which I got through the 250+ push-ups.

And the campfire preparation/execution had lots of mistakes, but the instructors said it was one of the most high campfires they have been to? =D

And we had to run and bring our bags down to the parade square at 10+pm, unpack everything onto the parade square and make sure it is standardised with the rest, do push-ups, run back up and standardise everything in the bunks again in 10mins...for 2 days.

But I realised that the camp was so so much tougher than what I'd excepted, yet it was so much easier to just focus on the camp instead and not bother about anything not related to the camp. The camp is less stressful mentally cause you just have to follow orders and all. Although you do need to think quite a bit especially during MOI, but you don't have to bother about problems with friends or deadlines or whatever. Just focusing on the camp. So I actually felt more relaxed than elsewhere cause I conveniently forgot about everything else.

But of course, the moment I come back I have to deal with everything. And I feel more tired than I have ever felt. Maybe it's cause I stupidly decided to walk home after the camp cause I had nothing better to do. Felt like dying when I reached Punggol Plaza...but I actually made it man! 20+ Bus Stops and I didn't give up. Haha.

Still left with ATC, and NDP trainings. =)

No comments: