Sunday 22 July 2007

Twinning Campfire 2007.

Split up my posts for organisation. =)

Woke up at 8.30 by Hao Xiang telling me he was on the way to my house. Gah. Super tired from having slept at 1 the day before.

Went Kovan mac to discuss stuff, then walked around trying to find firewood, then went to school.

Me, Chee Sheng and Hao Xiang went to Hougang Interchange and saw lots and lots of wood, but in the end cannot take all. =/

Went back school to go remove all the nails from the wood. Me and Hao Xiang were having lots of fun demolishing removing the wood.

Then I stepped back onto a nail, which went through my shoe and into my foot. I had the weird feeling of staring at the plank attached to the nail attached to my foot when I realised it was cause I just hammered a nail into my foot. Then excruciating pain shot through my leg and blood gushed profusely without coagulating

Okay la, it wasn't that serious at all cause I didn't step all the way in. But my shoe still has a hole now. Eugene also stepped on a nail before me. His more serious la. Scary..

I realised there and then the sensitive fragility of life. What if I just tripped and landed face first onto a nail? My skull would crack if it hit my forehead and I would die instantly. Or I would go blind if it hit my eye. Or I would give others nightmares if I ended with a nail jutting from my cheek into my mouth and out the other cheek. Or through my mouth and nose.

The possibilities are endless! Or I could just die with a nail through my heart.

The campfire went...okay. Elaine and I were the MCs, and it's the first thing I've ever spoken in front of an audience in Chinese. Dam horrible. Mixed up a lot of words. But I can't exactly describe how the campfire went cause....ya.

Too tired to blog now. =/



We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
Cause we as humans are imperfect, and only one person is.
Can't everyone just get along together?

No comments: