Tuesday 27 November 2007

Perth Day 1.

(Updated 27th November 2007)

Perth Day 1.-2.20am
Okay, blogging from the plane now. Although it's offline. But ah whatever.
Plane ride was fun! But not as scary as anticipated la, =( I expected some like, weee scary noises or something, but then there was nothing. Sighs.
I think I should type out everything before my laptop battery runs out and I can no longer listen to my music. =/

Okay starting from the morning. Forced myself out of bed at 8am, then changed to PE attire and was about to leave the house when my mother called and
told me there was some problem with a certificate. =X

Then went to school at around 9.30, then practised POP performance with Sec3s till around 12.30, then changed to full u for NPCC.

Woah, training was tiring cause we had 3rd class drills retest, although I already passed. But yea, felt super tired la, like almost wanted to collaspe.
Maybe it's cause too long never drill, or because I didn't eat breakfast and lunch, or because I slept at 2am the day before, or is it a combination of everything?
Felt like fainting, and slight sore throat cause of timing. And my 3rd class drills really all like forgotten le.

Anyways, after that was pre-NRC briefing. Will be missing 1 and a half days cause of this trip, and won't be able to help plan out those things, unless there's
WiFI, in which case you will see this post before 23rd November and see me on MSN. =)

Training ended at around 7, went to Dong Xi Nan Bei after that for a drink. =D Then went home early, changed, then took out all the NP things from my bag and
replaced with Perth Trip things.

Went to Raffles City, bought the Billabong Sweater, then went to Lau Pa Sat and ate Sting Ray, Satay, Rojak, Fried Rice, and Teh Beng. Haha, dam shiok la,
like last time to eat such things for 6 days. Unless we are going to eat Sting Ray, Satay, Rojak, Fried Rice, and Teh Beng in Perth too. =O

Was around 10:15 by the time we ate finish the Sting Ray, Satay, Rojak, Fried Rice, and Teh Beng. Then went to Changi Airport, saw Lenson at Coffee Bean. Haha.

Okay, plane take off was fun! It's like some roller coaster, except don't have the going down part, only the climbing up slope part. =( I expected something with more G's la, but the view of Singapore from the sky is nice man! . And there's thunder flashes every few seconds too. Dam cool. But unphotographable cause too dark le.

My in-flight entertainment system. ;)

And the food all served free man!! Like Wee, just ate 3 Ferrero Rocher's. Okay, I'm sounding like a typical kiasu Singaporean. At least I didn't ask for white wine or something like that right? =D

Breakfast was some egg thing with potatoes and sausage. Supposed to be sausages. But I dunno where the "S" go to. (No I didn't eat it before taking the photo)

Sitting next to Ivan Hui Qing. And I got a window seat! Seat 57K.


There was a very nice sunrise which could be seen from the plane window seat, except it's the other side of the plane and all I could see was some boring old clouds. =( But still very cool for a first time in a plane.

Sunrise-less clouds are boring. But at least I had a window seat. =P

Australian customs was really strict, so we couldn't bring any food or anything under a quarantine list. Haha. I think it's a secret conspiracy to get tourists to spend lots and lots of money on food when in Australia and bring food back to Singapore to advertise to others. XD

Cleared customs successfully, and the guy at the counter was really friendly. Then it was a 4 hour bus trip down to Albany. Stopped for lunch at some rest stop called:"The Hard Work Cafe". No I don't have amazing memorising powers, I just took photos of the sign. Haha.

View Meng acting cute. Haha.


The burger they served for lunch was huge. Along with a can of lemonade and a box of fries.


And I finished everything except the fries, cause I was super full by the time I ate 3 quarters of the burger.


And everyone was busy swatting flies cause there were plenty of them the moment we stepped down from the bus.

Then we boarded the bus again and went to Mount Romance, where there was a Sandalwood Factory. I think Mount Romance is such lousy name. Why not MOUNT UNSTOPPABLE. More scary right

Mount UNSTOPPABLE Romance. ;)

Watched a video presentation on Australian Sandalwood and it's uses. Smelled some of the sandalwood perfumes, sandalwood chippings, and sandalwood itself. Sandalwood to me sounds like sandals made of wood, but it smells nice anyways. And it's super expensive too.

Wasn't really captivating or interesting in retrospect. Maybe because everything else was mostly exhilarating and heart-stopping stuff. =D And we saw a Manta Ray at the Sandalwood Factory!

Mount Manta Ray. Hahahahaha okay I'm being stupid.

Didn't buy anything at the souvenir shop cause I'm a cheapskate. But I went outside and took photos of the long long road.


After the Sandalwood factory, the bus driver, Trevor, took us to Torndirrup National Park to see the Gap and the Natural Bridge. I think the place was awesome! Gondwana! (I actually read the sign okay?)

You'd have to zoom in very close to see what Gondwana means. =D


The view was breathtaking. Cause the wind was very strong and it was hard to breathe. But the view was really nice, me and Lenson like jumped from rock to rock till we reached the edge.


Like super cool? Although Trevor told us people did commit suicide by jumping down. The wind was strong to the point that we had to kneel or crouch to prevent being blown away.

The Natural Bridge, with some yellow unknown stuff below. Limestone?
The Gap, or one side of the Gap. I'm standing/crawling/kneeling on the other side.

Went to Albany Wind Farm after that. Just as windy, maybe windier. Cause it's a wind farm what. XD
The wind fans used to generate electricity were huge and rotated fast enough to slice off your head if you were somehow close enough. Okay I'm sadistic. =D But it's also breath-taking to see things on such an extreme scale. And it's like Geography in real life.


Then me and Lenson went to the toilet which was an awesome 3 in 1 kind.
So cool right? The wheelchair stick-figure is levitating!

Okay. After the awesome wind farm and national park, we took the bus to Metro Inn Albany. There was no Wi-Fi there though, so I didn't blog. But I stayed in the same room as Lenson, Wan and Nicholas Chew. We had about half an hour of free time before dinner at the restaurant there.

So me and Lenson walked around the perimeter of the inn and took photos. Haha. The inn was located at the corner of a main road an a side street, and I think the side street looked really nice.

It's like really straight? And long and winding. But the sunset was quite bright. =(

Then we went for dinner. Forgot to take a picture. But it was pasta with chicken and roasted potatoes.
Looks quite high-class right?
No we didn't drink bottled water, it's just that this photo was taken from that table. =)

After that, the teachers asked if some of us would want to walk down to a nearby supermarket to buy things to eat back in the hotel room. So a few of us went along.

Saw this sign outside the main entrance to the inn. Children drive slowly?

The walk along the main road was really cool. Literally. And it became freezing cool as the Sun set. The houses were all spaced quite far apart and not a single building was 2 levels high. There was a really relaxed atmosphere around la, like not as stressful as Singapore where everyone is rushing? Fewer cars on the road too. And some cars with turbo and those super low rev-ing sounds. Haha.

I think the trees are super funky! Like gigantic broccoli!

And we saw a shattered glass window! Shattered! Okay I'm being random.

We didn't exactly make it to the supermarket cause it was kind of far away, but we went to a convenience store instead. Bought a glass bottle of coke and a double chocolate Kit-Kat Chunky bar. =D

The walk back became increasingly colder, but it was still much warmer than the next few days.

Went back to our room, and watched Ghost Rider with Lenson and Wan. Nick went off to sleep. Haha.

Haven't watched Ghost Rider before. O.o Quite an okay movie la, since it's based on a comic book. Like spiderman and superman and batman and all the other movies based on comic books.

Movie ended at around 12am, so we went out and saw lots and lots of stars in the sky. And we heard the sounds of some huge happening party somewhere far away. Like super nice! Much better than any star gazing in Singapore cause the sky was really clear and it was quite dark.

So we stood around gazing at stars, hearing sounds of laughter every few seconds, and shivering cause of the 18 degree weather. Like: "Bo Jio! Got party never invite! PS us man!"

Went to sleep not soon after. And that ends Perth Day 1. =)

No comments: