Thursday 29 June 2006

29th June 2006

English presentation today, I talked about the media club camp mostly. In my opinion the powerpoint could have been better, if i wasn't that tired from syf trainings.

Lit group after school, I wasn't exactly enthusiastic about the puppet show, and I wasn't exactly energetic to write the script either, maybe I should be a scene changer. Nah i won't go into what we did step by step today, read someone else's blog =)

Our class is filled with cliques... Not just populars vs. unpopulars but more like populars vs. populars vs. can't be bothereds vs. others. Especially after school today when we were outside discussing where to go. First the others went home early, followed by those who can't be bothered then two seperate groups of people. This june holiday seems to have changed everything in class. Friendships no longer exist, and this person doesn't talk to this person. Ah well, can't wait for some class chalet and see who's invited. Who knows? Maybe we'll have 2 or 3 class chalets, lol.

"People Change"- That's the best statement I can come up with to summarize everything, and there was a part in my previous post that I deleted, dunno if anyone saw it, but I removed it because it was sure to cause an uproar in class. And it'll be contridicting and ironic if I blogged about how blogs are causing the problem and then blogged about someone else immeadiately after. But I think I should post it, I think. It'll get worse and, no one else actually seems to care.

What am I talking about? Bullying. In class. Read This. Maybe we don't see physical bullying, but what about pyschological abuse? Words can kill, but let's not talk about words. Just actions first. I've already posted half of it, might as well go all the way.


Tze Jie: Today was terrible, just as English ended we were supposed to form groups of 6, and u said form into literature groups when our lit group had 8 people. What's gonna happen to the other 2? Chee hock, Yun Kai or Kenny? Don't take it personally, it's not that I don't want to research with you but this has seriously got to stop. Your using Kenny's weakness against him you know? Just because he wanted to join our literature group doesn't mean if he makes a mistake you remind him that he was the one who wanted to join. And you keep threatening to kick him from the group. Sure threatening him a few times is fine, he can take a joke. But using threats every time? A leader leads by example, just because your a leader doesn't mean you can instruct kenny to do this, do that, come for lit meeting today. He may be irritating sometimes, but does that give you the power to kick him from the group?

How would Mr. Yeo think of us as a group if we have such problems all the time. How would he feel if this bunch of students come to him and tell him that their member has a weak group attitude? What will his impression of us be like? " O that group arh? poor co-operation"
I can see he's trying to change, lots of people in the class can see he's trying to change, can't you even give him a chance? Don't say you have, today was the perfect example, you were asking me to join your group then tell kenny :"O sorry no space la, not i dun want is Miss Chew dun want one."


Keane(And everyone else): I'm seriously shocked at you Keane. Not only with this incident, but I'm seriously shocked. Finished that article on bullying yet? Read what happened to that guy at the end? He had to resign from his job because he didn't have intrapersonal skills. How would you guys feel, if everyday someone says:"160metres only zone...hahaha". Walking to recess with your classmates:"oie 160metres zone..kenny bye!" And it seems these few days thats all you can talk about, Keane. And that's just....I won't blog about it.
Maybe we don't realise the seriousness cause we've never been through name-callings for half a year before. I have, and though it's worse than any names you guys call me right now, I think it's nothing compared to what Kenny's going through.

Think about this guys, there's a limit to jokes, and you guys are pushing it. You guys want to ruin someone's career? Ruin his life like the man in the story? Maybe you won't ruin it but think la, you know that calling someone short is wrong. And don't say you didn't say kenny was short. You guys jolly well know his height and you know the height of everyone. Don't cheat yourself.



Is history repeating itself? Remember an earlier post? The one where Woei Jiun had talked about Meryl behind her back?Link Yes I was harsh then, and maybe I shouldn't have been, maybe I should have continued and totally crushed her? Maybe I should have re-explained myself? Maybe...maybe I should not have been so harsh, I should not have read and re-read every word she wrote and showcased her mistakes. I was close to insulting her flat-out, and I know indirectly, I did.

Then there was Glynis, I didn't exactly finish explaining my actions to her, but I'm going to, and I won't blog about it. But it's still the same thing right? Name-Calling, Insults, and Blogs.

You want me to do the same again people? You want me to mention what I said I wouldn't blog about Keane? Want me to read every word you said and write back? I can always come up with new words from the dictionary. I can always continue.

But I don't want to, I'm sick of this la, it's always me posting in the class blog, always me trying to cheer people up, me blogging about this, me helping this person fight back. Why am I the first person to blog about someone who's in the wrong? Why am I the one blogging about how blogs are the problem when a bunch of people heard the discussion?

I'd rather we stop acting like children, stop calling Kenny names indirectly, focus on our studies, and do well in our exams. But hey, if you all wanna continue bickering and insulting, I'll be there insulting you.


Kenny:I know you read blogs, and you probably read this post. At least your changing, don't bother about the rest, and yar, if they can't accept you, it's their problem.

No comments: