Wednesday 20 May 2009

New Handphone.

Image taken from here.

Like finally uh. Haha. Unfortunately I don't have an actual picture of it cause my lens is being serviced. Anyways got the phone on Sunday in like 20 minutes. Haha. Because my contract expired a few months ago? I think last year la, haha and I've never gotten around to getting a new contract la.

Anyways my new contract now is $4 cheaper than my old one, and the phone is free. =D I chose to save money for my parents in the current economic meltdown okay hahaha. I'll probably miss my old phone alot, cause it's been with me for 4 years, and I'm so used to messaging with one hand now and having Patrick Star as my background image and that stupid irritating owl ringtone. =/

Ah wells I think I can still have Patrick Star as my background image though. =D

Anyways, went down to Nikon's Service Center at Fuji Xerox Towers on Monday with Ryan to service my camera. My AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED kit lens which came with my D80 had auto focus problems which I only discovered last Wednesday after about a month of not touching my camera. Hence I sent my AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED kit lens for repair at the Nikon Service Center.
(Hurray for complicated, abbreviated, chim-sounding names! =D)

Ryan claims that my AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED kit lens had worn out it's auto-focus gears, meaning I either focused a bit too much, or I took too much pictures la. I'm leaning towards the latter. =P

Anyways the Nikon Service Center was quite cool. They have this pretty awesome selling strategy which is to place the Nikon showroom right next to the customer service area. Sooo when you send your lousy 3-year-old camera for repair, you can spend the 15 minutes waiting time checking out all the shiny new cameras. And if they tell you your camera can't be repaired, then you can just pick out which new camera you want to get! Haha awesome right? Should employ this strategy with like computers and laptops too. Hahaha.

Oh and the free sensor cleaning for Nikon cameras ends on 1st July 2009, so quick go clean your sensors now hahahahaha. If not you'll have to pay $20-$35? Depending on the size of your sensor I think. Heh.

Ohh and I bought my camera on 1st June last year. So my camera's 1st Birthday is coming soon! Haha must buy present..I'll get him a new filter or something.

Left my AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED kit lens with them but kept my camera body, then went to RSC(Ryan's Service Center) at Hougang. Haha he lent me his Minolta film camera and we decided to walk to my house taking pictures along the way.

Film cameras are awesome fun! Although the manual focus thing is quite tricky and half of my pictures are probably blur, but the *click* shutter sound is shiok man. Hahaha. And we went to this weird swamp like river next to Serangoon River, and got 15 plus mosquito bites as a result. =/

Don't have any pictures taken by me because, obviously, the film is not developed ah.

I have pictures of me taken by Ryan though, isn't that better ahahahaha. /thickskin

Minghui pointing camera one way..

Minghui pointing camera the other way..

Minghui acting stupid next to a sign. (the eyeesss!!!)

Some crazy guy was running around the soccer court pretending he'd scored a goal uh. And Ryan was there to capture it all. Crazy.

No comments: