Sunday 11 February 2007

Canon In D.







No that's not me in the video. Haha, but I'm learning that for Vip. So hard right? I think I'm just going to play rhythm and let the rest play melody. =)



Blarh, haven't blogged in a long time. Npcc on Friday was quite slack, cause very few people came...but still learned lots. =D Cell group after that was quite ok too. Haha, slowly getting to know all the members in my new cell.



Went out with Lenson on Saturday to find the scores for Canon in D. Bleah, we spent like one hour trying to find at the Yamaha shop and when we finally asked the salesperson, she couldn't find either. =/ Walked to Bras Basah to find more scores. Saw the Hello Kitty Guitar at Swee Lee!!!! HELLO KITTY GUITAR IN SINGAPORE!!



Ok lar, I'm not really crazy over hello kitty or whatever. Just that it's like super cheap for a fender electric, only $399. Compared to the rest of the $1999-$18000 fenders in the shop. But then again, after much careful consideration I've decided playing a pink/black hello kitty guitar would be really...abnormal.



http://www.fenderhellokitty.com/



Abnormal.



Anyways, met Mu Chen at Raffles City before walking to Esplanade. I was like a "bright lampost" there. =P



And I realised the Library at Esplanade is awesome! There's this entire section devoted to scores and all that music stuff. And there's this shelf with chord books from various bands. I found Switchfoot and Red Hot Chili Peppers and Pink Floyd and millions of other books with the chords on how to play their songs!! But I couldn't borrow a single one cause I'm not a premium member. =\



Couldn't find any Canon in D scores. Horrible. I think Music Theory is beginning to look like some weird form of maths. Especially those super hard pieces with millions of notes crammed into the bars in weird positions and all the bars lined up uniformly with small notes and weird signs everywhere. Horrible.



Went for Church on Sunday. Message was on how a Christian will almost definitely "backslide" or something. Something related to that la...couldn't really understand cause of the multitude of profound and mindblowing words used. Which I also coincidentally forgot. Blarh.



Went shopping with my sister at j8 cause we had an hour to kill before guitar practice. Eh, we wanted to buy matching shirts for Chinese New Year, but ended up buying totally different ones instead. Bought a nice folder to keep paper, sister's birthday present, father's birthday present, and other random stuff.



Guitar practice was ok, haven't played an electric in 3months. So my fingers were all painful from pressing those hard tiny steel strings. But still, quite ok la, except I realised my fingers had this weird blue color, probably from small pieces of rust on the string. =/



Heh, finally uploaded pictures from my horrible blurry 2megapixel 6years old camera.

=D

No comments: