Wednesday, 30 June 2010

The Unwinding Cable Car - Anberlin.


Don't drop your arms.
I'll guard your heart.
With quiet words I'll lead you in.

5 minutes Photoshop because the song has been stuck in my head for the past 6 hours or so, again. And because I miss New Zealand and haven't gone through any photos since day four. I think I would escape there in a heartbeat if I could, and forget about everything and become a kiwi. :) 
I think escapism definitely appeals to me, but I think I would only like the idea of escapism, and not the process. Like, I wouldn't mind being able to run away from problems I'm facing, and just forget about the problems and issues to be addressed. But I think trying to forget a problem is as hard as, if not harder, than addressing the problems themselves. And I don't think we can actually forget a problem, at the most we can only not think about it, or if we run away from it; put ourselves in a position where we won't be reminded of the issue. But that doesn't solve anything because the issue remains unresolved. But what if a problem doesn't have a solution or compromise, what if the problem was never a problem at all, or what if the problem has become a different thing entirely from what it was.

I honestly think that the amount of lame jokes/intellectual thoughts in my head increases the more tired I am. Not that there are any lame jokes in this post, in case you were about to start reading through everything again to find a lame joke. :P

1 comment:

sherry jiang said...

shop online for thousands of Taps, Kitchen Taps, Bathroom Taps, Sinks and Plumbing Fixtures at Plumpinguk.co.uk, sinks, bathroom, kitchen and shower fixtures. FREE SHIPPING on most items. Same day shipping on in stock items.