Saturday 2 January 2010

2009 in 9 pictures.

Okay I know this is 2 days late already, but I didn't have the time/energy to do a post reflecting back on the year. =(

Went back to look at last year's post, and I think what I felt last year still applies to what I feel this year too. I think 2009 has probably been the year in which there's been the most number of changes. From going to a new school, learning new things, making new friends. And I think one thing I've learned about myself is that I don't like change, which is probably why I like taking pictures. Because pictures aren't ephemeral, although many things in life are. A picture you took 4 years ago would still be the same picture today. And I think it's a reason why I like music too, because songs don't change over time; a G still sounds like a G no matter when you play it.
But it's not that I hate change, after all, change is the only constant. I've made lots of awesome new friends this year, and I'm really thankful to have close friends I can count on.

I decided to choose 9 images of the things that I did this year, and since a picture is worth a thousand words, this'll be like a nine-thousand-word essay. Haha.

Doing a Triathalon.

Shooting a rainbow. :)

Going to OCH.

Shooting Sunsets/Sunrises. Not to mention sleepwalking around Punggol End.

The stray cat that's super friendly.

Hillsong United Conference/Concert.

Shooting in a studio.

Becoming a soldier.

And just recently,
Getting a Nikon Fm2 with a 50mm f1.4. :D

When I became a soldier I was asked to give a testimony in Church during Easter Sunday, just 2 days before the start of Design Orientation Camp and a week before the triathlon. Just before my life started changing drastically I guess.
And I think I remembered what I said then, that God never changes.
And I think that's the most awesome thing I've learnt in 2009.

No comments: