Friday 15 January 2010

An Interview.

During a pretend interview for a job as a photographer.

Lecturer: What do you think makes a good photographer?

I would say commitment. Being a photographer sounds like an easy and fun job at first, but try taking pictures of a camp for 3 days non-stop, and you'll find that on the 3rd day you feel so tired and weary, and chances are, you probably would not take as much photos on the 3rd day than you did on the first. It requires commitment then to be able to keep taking pictures with the same level of energy and enthusiasm as if you had just started out with photography.

Lecturer: So do you think you're very committed?

I don't think it's possible to say that you're committed? I think it's very easy to state that you're committed, but it's not possible to show commitment through words alone. I think commitment can only be shown through your actions. How can you say that you're committed when you've not started?

I think I should listen to myself more.

No comments: