Saturday 28 August 2010

Brief Moments of Conversation.

Today the Prime Supermarket near my Church was closed. As I sat at the bus stop waiting to meet someone, I started noticing how many people passing by would stop and look at the notices pasted on the shutters which said that the supermarket's lease had expired and they had moved to another location.

The people who stopped varied from businessmen returning from work to housewives buying groceries to students going home. If they were with their friends they would start talking to each other, and even if they were alone there were moments when they turned to each other and spoke a few sentences. An old man pointed in the general direction of the new location, describing it to another man.

But after reading the notices and talking for a while, all of the people moved on, to be replaced by other businessmen returning from work, housewives buying groceries, or students going home. And those brief moments of conversation happened again. Then the person I was waiting to meet came and I went off as well.




(And no I'm not emo over a supermarket closing, there's another supermarket nearby hahahahaha.)

No comments: