Wednesday 27 April 2011

The Last Train.

Really old photo.
Lately I've been taking the last train home from er, Yew Tee to my house in Punggol. It's about an hour and a half ride, give or take a few minutes. And it's actually three different trains cause I need to transfer twice.

I like how the last train timings are all very precise and coordinated. From Yew Tee to Bishan, Bishan to Serangoon, Serangoon to Punggol. Taking the last train from Bishan to Serangoon means walking at a brisk pace to catch the last train from Serangoon to Punggol. Missing the last train means you end up stranded at one of the stations. Fortunately I haven't been stranded yet. :P

And then there's interesting people you meet on the train rides as well. Like a man trying to get to Novena station but unable to because the last train only goes to Toa Payoh. You rarely see children, and most people are from the service industry or working adults. Or people like me haha. And nearly everyone, including myself, falls asleep at some point or another. The last and first trains are pretty similar. Continuity or something like that.

Okay that's Minghui's random blog post.

No comments: